After Your Move
You’re home! But that doesn’t mean we’re done.
Start to finish service
We take great care to ensure your peace of mind throughout your entire move – and we’re here to ensure you’re happy when it’s over. From helping unpack and collecting the boxes when you’re settled in, to ensuring you are compensated for any damaged items- you remain our customer even after your items are delivered.
- Tell the movers where you want the furniture and boxes placed.
- Unpacking will be performed when requested and authorized. Items unpacked will be placed on tables, counters and floors, but not in cabinets. If unpacking yourself, check all paper for small pieces.
- While we take every precaution to eliminate claims, mishaps can occur. Please note any problems on the delivery papers, notify your coordinator immediately for a claim form, and file your written claim within 90 days of delivery. Damaged items must be retained for our inspection. If you have any questions, please contact your personal New World move coordinator at 1-800-422-9300.
- Check to make sure all your items have arrived safe and sound. If you notice boxes missing – let us know immediately so we can locate them and bring them to you safe and sound.
- We recommend unpacking your most used rooms first: the bathroom and the bedroom!
- Change your address with the post office, your bank, your insurance company, and your local DMV.
- Don’t forget to fill out a comment card to let us know how we did!