July 1, 2021
As COVID-19 vaccines continue to be distributed throughout the country and around the world, we remain devoted to fulfilling all business obligations while continuing to prioritize the health and safety of our employees, customers and clients.
New World will continue to require that all employees and contractors, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a face mask or covering while in a customer’s home, unless the customer offers to give permission to employees and/or contractors to remove their face masks.
New World’s primary focus during these times – to fulfill our duty of care to our clients and customers and assure sustainable operations – has not wavered and we remain attuned to the heightened emotions, anxieties and concerns expressed to us by our relocating customers and their families.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, New World has adhered and continues to adhere to the recommendations and rules provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and both federal and state governments.
Due to the continuous growth of vaccinated people throughout the U.S., the CDC has announced new recommendations for fully vaccinated people. The CDC’s new recommendation states any fully vaccinated person, will no longer need to wear face masks while in public nor be required to physically distance in any setting except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.
The CDC defines a fully vaccinated person as someone who received the final dosage of their vaccine over two weeks ago. For any person who has not been vaccinated or completed their full vaccination cycle, face masks and social distancing practices will remain in place to eliminate the spread of COVID-19.
New World is committed to following the protocols below which may be subject to change:
- ALL employees and contractors, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to wear a face mask or covering while in a customer’s home, unless the customer offers to give permission to employees and/or contractors to remove their face masks. The customer must provide written permission and crews will be expected to inform the appropriate parties.
- Any New World employee or contractor who is fully vaccinated will no longer be required to wear a face mask while in a New World facility. Any employee or contractor who is not fully vaccinated will be required to wear a face mask when a six-foot distance cannot be maintained.
- New World employees that can efficiently work remotely can continue to do so. New World management will work with each department to decide on best course of action for returning to office.
- We are continuing the use of our “Red Alert” initiative, allowing for early New World employee-empowered identification and intervention when any move shows signs of an issue, to include delays from a COVID-19 concern of any kind. This knowledge gives us essential information enabling effective schedule changes, staff redeployments and enhanced safety measures.
- “Worst case scenario” plans remain in place to accommodate evacuation of all remaining in-office employees, either from our headquarters or service centers, for 14-day at home quarantine periods, should the need arise.
- In the event of any mass facility evacuation, we maintain a continuity plan for facility operations and identified managers that can be in any of our 16 service centers within 24 hours to run the facility.
New World has remained entirely functional at 100% capacity in all markets throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to assure business continuity and duty of care throughout the new phases of the pandemic, always keeping the safety and health of all, at the highest priority.
We will continue to provide more updates when more information is available.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact our office at 1-800-422-9300