January 1, 2021
We are closely monitoring how states are progressing through their respective phases and are prepared to adjust any process to ensure all CDC and individual state requirements continue to be met.
New World’s primary focus during these times – to fulfill our duty of care to our clients and customers and assure sustainable operations – has not wavered and we remain attuned to the heightened emotions, anxieties and concerns expressed to us by our relocating customers and their families.
Our commitment to safely maintain our full moving service and storage operations continues, and we remain devoted to fulfilling all business obligations. New World is entirely functional at 100% capacity in all markets, with many of our staff functioning at home or remote locations as we operate with the safety and health of our employees and customers as our highest priorities.
In light of those priorities, we are taking all prudent measures to assure business continuity and duty of care. New World is adhering to precautions and instructions issued by the CDC, WHO, federal and state governments and we will continue to provide updated information pertaining to our services as conditions evolve.
Here are the initiatives and protocols that remain in place until further notice.
- New World employees that can efficiently work remotely continue to do so. Accommodations have been made in each location to ensure social distancing for those employees that need to return to an office location.
- We are continuing the use of our “Red Alert” initiative, allowing for early New World employee-empowered identification and intervention when any move shows signs of an issue, to include delays from a COVID-19 concern of any kind. This knowledge gives us essential information enabling effective schedule changes, staff redeployments and enhanced safety measures.
- “Worst case scenario” plans remain in place to accommodate evacuation of all remaining in-office employees, either from our headquarters or service centers, for 14 day at home quarantine periods, should the need arise.
- In the event of any mass facility evacuation, we maintain a continuity plan for facility operations and identified managers that can be in any of our 16 service centers within 24 hours to run the facility.
Regarding household goods operations and the deployment of drivers and movers:
- All safety precautions are being taken to keep our crews healthy and safe.
- We continue to enforce our work-imposed social distancing practices, keeping crew members safely apart whenever possible, limiting exposure to others by keeping crew teams together so that if any crew member tested positive, we can easily track with whom they have been in contact.
- All employees and contractors must wear a mask when at a customer’s home, in a New World vehicle, and at any New World facility where a 6 foot distance between individuals cannot be maintained. Masks have been provided to each New World facility, and employees have the option to bring their own mask.
- We are asking all customers if they are following the CDC guidelines, and if they have been in direct contact with anyone that has tested positive.
- Affirmative responses may lead to schedule adjustments or other accommodations to minimize risk.
While it is impossible to predict how each state responds until a vaccine is readily available, New World is well positioned to withstand and thrive amid these uncertainties. With the plans we have outlined here, and bias for action as conditions change, we remain confident and fully committed to serve the moving needs of all of our clients and relocating families, always keeping the safety and health of all, at the highest priority.
We will continue to provide more updates when more information is available.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact our office at 1-800-422-9300